Surrey, BC – Warehouse Supervisor
We are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor for our distribution center in Surrey, BC. The Warehouse Supervisor supervises the day-to-day operations of the warehouse to ensure the business runs smoothly and first-class service is provided to customers.
- Responsible for daily operations of the warehouse.
- Conduct physical inventories and cycle counts for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses, keep and maintain accurate records of all the inventory and stock in the warehouse.
- Help to load customers’ trucks/trailers.
- Coordinate and receive all inbound shipments, authenticate the goods, maintain notes of any discrepancies and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Review all customer orders as they are released to the warehouse, confirm that inventory levels are appropriate to complete the order.
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of goods and supplies.
- Ensure the safety of all warehouse staff and customers in the warehouse by maintaining an Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Worksafe BC standards; hold safety meetings and perform monthly warehouse safety inspections; and ensure all safety requirements are being observed and followed.
- Label and tag warehouse items to ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Ensure trucks are unloaded as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Review all purchase order acknowledgements; verify costs, products and quantities for special orders.
- Work closely with customer service, customers and warehouse staff to ensure all customer orders are ready and accurately staged to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse at all times; ensure trash is picked up and dumped, floors are swept clean and bathrooms and break areas are clean and tidy.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures to continuously improve internal procedures and processes.
- Provide customer sales quotes and orders.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from a certified college
- At least 2 years of experience in a warehouse supervisory role
- Experience in a garage door or building materials warehousing facility
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of warehouse coordination, work flow and staff supervision
- Ability to efficiently network and coordinate with customers and suppliers
- Ability to time manage effectively to meet targets and deadlines
- Proficient in operating a PC and create, maintain and effectively work with spreadsheets and other office programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the functionality of warehouse tools and equipment such as forklifts, etc.
- Ability to efficiently lead, delegate and motivate others
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
We offer a competitive wage and company-paid medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, company-paid long-term disability insurance, a company-paid employee assistance program; 10 paid holidays; company paid vacation and a RRSP with company match.
Northwest Door LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check.